The Manufacturing Technical Manager
is responsible for leading the process engineering team, tooling and technical activities within the manufacturing site as well as participating in corporate strategic initiatives relative to technology, standardization and continuous improvement.
- Take a hands-on approach to leading the process engineering group. Responsible for scrap reductions, supervisor technical development, manufacturing process support, tool improvements, tooling preventable initiatives, problem solving, cost reductions and automation initiatives within the molding facility.
- Lead attainment of the site process key measures and provide mentorship and support to the bay supervisors to achieve their key measure goals.
- Lead the Mission facility in implementing new technology and automation to improve operational performance. Drive technical improvements for the site.
- Lead the site tooling activities. This includes oversight of key measure attainment and personnel as well as continuous improvement activities to lower operational costs.
- Lead the transition of new launch tooling and equipment to the manufacturing site. Lead new equipment purchase and installation.
- Participate in Corporate initiatives to support cost reductions, quality improvements and standardization.
- Support training and development of the site supervisors and mold changers.
- In-depth knowledge of injection molding and mold design
- Proven track record of continuous improvement related to driving down costs
- Excellent leadership, teamwork and communication skills
- Proven project management ability
- Ability to effectively interface with customers, engineering and suppliers
- Education: 4 year technical degree or 10 years technical processing experience as equivalent
Royal is a diverse manufacturer of injection molding, urethane foam and assemblies. We serve the automotive, furniture, and consumer products industries. Royal is growing and we are looking for talented individuals who want to make a difference!
People who succeed at Royal are those who share the values of our company: Integrity. Stewardship. Teamwork. Hard work. Excellence.
We're committed to being the employer of choice. Our goal is to build a culture of commitment where everyone is respected and valued. Where everyone participates. Where everyone matters. We give our employees the responsibility -- and the authority -- to make decisions. We try to provide the best possible work environment. We encourage creativity. We applaud ingenuity. We reward problem solving.
And we recognize that we are only a part of our employees' lives. Our culture embraces the family. We celebrate accomplishments -- both inside the workplace and out. We aim to replicate the family structure on the manufacturing floor by establishing work teams committed to one another -- and to our customers.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply today! Royal offers a competitive wage and benefit package - including quarterly bonuses based on profitability, outstanding health insurance, ownership in the company through our ESOP (retirement) plan, and much more.