The Supplier Quality Engineer
will help convey expectations, develop skills and capabilities, help improve the supplier metric system, and be active in continuous improvement activities with our suppliers.
- Visit key strategic suppliers to understand their manufacturing processes and look for cost-saving opportunities
- Develop methods for standardized acceptance/rejection on cosmetic items that are agreed upon by suppliers, Royal, and our customers
- Help complete the Supplier Metrics and Supplier 8D improvement activities
- Begin supplier development activities with chronic high PPM suppliers
- Pareto ongoing supplier quality issues and begin systemically eliminating/reducing the root causes
- Work with Commodity Managers on cost improvement opportunities with strategic suppliers to achieve goals
- Attend weekly plant quality meetings and address issues as needed
- With the Commodity Managers, do an overall risk assessment on our suppliers/purchased products
- 5+ years of Supplier Development/Supplier Quality experience in a manufacturing environment
- Engineering bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in injection molding and/or assembly preferred
- Experience in materials, supply chain management, and/or purchasing preferred
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Exhibited skills in continuous improvement/cost savings
- Willingness to travel (supporting our Hudsonville MI, Cullman AL, and Mission TX facilities)
Royal is a diverse manufacturer of injection molding, urethane foam and assemblies. We serve the automotive, furniture, and consumer products industries. We are growing and looking for talented people to join our team!
People who succeed at Royal are those who share the values of our company: Integrity. Stewardship.
Teamwork. Hard work. Excellence.
We're committed to being the employer of choice. Our goal is to build a culture of commitment where everyone is respected and valued. Where everyone participates. Where everyone matters. We give our employees the responsibility -- and the authority -- to make decisions. We try to provide the best possible work environment. We encourage creativity. We applaud ingenuity. We reward problem solving.
And we recognize that we are only a part of our employees' lives. Our culture embraces the family. We celebrate accomplishments -- both inside the workplace and out. We aim to replicate the family structure on the manufacturing floor by establishing work teams committed to one another -- and to our customers.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply today! Royal offers a competitive wage and benefit package - including quarterly bonuses based on profitability, outstanding health insurance, ownership in the company through our ESOP (retirement) plan, and much more.