We are looking for an Inbound Materials Planner to join our Purchasing team! This role within the Purchasing team at Royal Technologies drives the inbound raw material order process as well as balancing EOQ with total raw inventory. They are the subject matter expert within their category for supplier forecasting, inbound logistics planning, and raw goods risk mitigation. As the Inbound Materials Planner, they will work cross functionally with other Planners, Sourcing Managers, our Production Team, and our Customer Service Team to ensure smooth product flow from our supplier all the way to our end customer.
Perks and Benefits:
Day to Day Role:
- No Sunday work
- Quarterly bonuses based on profitability
- Ownership in the company through our ESOP plan (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- Outstanding health and dental insurance
- Access to Royal's on-site fitness facility
- Drives the day to day activities of critical supplier purchase order management
- Maintains, analyzes and manages a portfolio of Raw Material Suppliers and their respective products to ensure smooth product flow
- Communicates daily with suppliers to address delayed shipments and critical shortages
- Maintains an effective escalation plan for short term and long term shortages
- Responsible for raw materials warehouse utilization
- Expedites material movement within the system as needed to accommodate demand changes
- Identify demand forecast risks and develop effective mitigation plans
- Coordinates obsolescence activities for end of production planning within the scope of the commodities and suppliers managed
Who we are:
Royal is a diverse manufacturer of injection molding, urethane foam and assemblies. We serve the automotive, furniture, and consumer products industries. We are growing and looking for a talented Materials Planner to join our team!
People who succeed at Royal are those who share the values of our company: Integrity. Stewardship. Teamwork. Hard work. Excellence.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply today! Royal offers a competitive wage and benefit package - including quarterly bonuses based on profitability, outstanding health insurance, ownership in the company through our ESOP (retirement) plan, and much more.
- 4+ years of experience in the industry
- BA/BS college degree in Supply Chain Management or its equivalent experience required
- Demonstrated use and understanding of ERP software required.
- Proven experience understanding implications of Data Analytics, Interpretation and likely outcomes
- Strategic and critical thinking to evaluate the need for escalation process at the supplier as well as within Royal Technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work cross-functionally with internal and external partners
- Capability to discern relevant facts and in turn, effectively resolve issues by making good decisions (integrity, quality, ethics, and critical thinking ability)
- Ability to develop routine and ad-hoc supply related reports for management in Google platform
- APICS Certification preferred
- Ability to collaborate within a Team environment and across functions
- Lean Certification or Training preferred