The Field Quality Engineer is responsible for leading and maintaining positive customer relationships to ensure consistent quality assurance.
- Facilitates clear verbal and written communications between Royal and their customers.
- Ensure timely responses are given to customers for their concerns through Royal CCN system, and applicable customer-specific databases.
- Coordinate needed engagement from appropriate functional groups (Manufacturing, Engineering, Purchasing, etc.) according to customer concerns.
- Manage issue-containment efforts at customer locations and direct issue-containment efforts at Royal locations.
- Travel to key customer locations (both pre-planned and short-notice/reactive) for improvement activities and issue resolution.
- Ensure customers perceive our organization as professional, competent and responsive.
- Understand customer-specific requirements and coordinate conformance from the Royal organization.
- Participate and provide input in launch process events (i.e.: PFMEA Reviews)
- Influence customers and Royal team into win-win resolutions to concerns.
- Manage and maintain customer scorecards.
- Assist in quality training for the organization.
- Engage in continuous improvement activities both as occasional “champion” and as teammate (i.e.: A3, PDCA)
Perks and Benefits:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quality, Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 5 years Manufacturing Quality experience
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and experience in 8D root-cause/problem-solving
- Ability to handle confrontation. High acumen with communication strategies
- Ability to travel on short notice and occasionally overnight
- Injection molding experience is preferred.
- Closed Sundays
- Weekly paycheck
- Quarterly bonuses based on company profitability
- Ownership in the company through our ESOP plan
- Excellent health insurance coverage
- Education reimbursement
At Royal, you will find a culture of commitment where you are respected and valued. You are asked to be involved, to think creatively and use your judgement. People succeed at Royal because they live the values of our company: Integrity, Stewardship, Teamwork, Hard work, and Excellence. Experience the Royal Difference!
Royal Technologies has grown from a simple plastics manufacturer to an advanced engineering and manufacturing company. We serve many diverse industries, including furniture, automotive, firearm, appliance, and consumer product markets.
We are committed to being an employer of choice. Our goal is to build a culture of commitment where everyone is respected and valued. We give our employees the responsibility -- and the authority -- to make decisions. We applaud ingenuity. We reward problem solving. And we recognize that we are only a part of our employees’ lives. Our culture embraces and emulates family. We celebrate accomplishments -- both inside the workplace and out. Our teams are committed to one another and to our customers.
Join our Royal Technologies family. Apply for this job or learn about more opportunities at gotoroyal.com